Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Storytime - It Must Be Love


Toddler

Songs / Rhymes: “Good Morning”, “Hello, How Are You?”, “Open, Shut Them”, “If You Love Me and You Know It”, “If You Have a Red Heart” game, and “The More We Get Together”.

Craft: I Love You Valentines. Materials: die cut construction paper hearts in red and pink, die cut construction paper hands in purple, crayons, glue, and tape. The toddlers glued their hearts together and then glued on their hands. When they were finished, their caregivers folded down the middle and ring fingers of the hands so that they said “I love you” in American Sign Language. The idea came from The Best Kids' Crafts and More.

Special Activity: I gave every child a different colored heart. When I sang the name of the color, the children with that color heart brought it to the front of the class to give to me.


Preschool

Songs / Rhymes: “Welcome to the Library”, “Hello, How Are You?”, “Hi There, So Glad You Came”, “Head and Shoulders”, “Open, Shut Them”, “If You Love Me and You Know It”, “If You Have a Red Heart” game, and “The More We Get Together”.

Craft: I Love You Valentines. See above.

Special Activity: We also played "If You Have a Red Heart". See above.

Songs
If You Love Me and You Know It
Sung to: "If You’re Happy and You Know It"
If you love me and you know it, clap your hands.
If you love me and you know it, clap your hands.
If you love me and you know it,
Then your face will surely show it.
If you love me and you know it, Clap your hands.
Other Verses:
Say "I Love you"
Blow me a kiss
Give me a hug

Who Has a Red Heart? Game
Sung to: Mary Wore a Red Dress
Who has a red heart, red heart, red heart?
Who has a red heart?
Bring it to me now.
Use different color hearts.
--Miss Mollie

No comments:

Post a Comment