Monday, August 20, 2012

Storytime - The Pigeon Loves Summer!

Books (all by Mo Willems)


Songs/Rhymes
Who Stole the Cookies from the Cookie Jar?
Who stole the cookies from the cookie jar?
(Name) stole the cookies from the cookie jar.
Child: Who me?
Crowd: Yes you.
Child: Couldn’t be!
Then who stole the cookies from the cookie jar?
Move on to the next child.
--Traditional
*I passed around a laminated picture of a cookie taped to a mini frisbee. The child who had the "cookie" was It.

Six Yummy Cookies
Mama made six cookies and she placed them on a tray.
Let’s listen in and hear what they say.
The first cookie said, “I bet I taste good.”
The second cookie said, “I’d like some milk if I could.”
The third cookie said, “I’m going to be great!”
The fourth cookie said, “We’d better not be late!”
The fifth cookie said, “It’s really warm in here!”
The sixth cookie said, “The time is almost near!”
Then ding went the bell and out came the tray,
And the six yummy cookies were gobbled up right away!
--Miss Mollie

Craft
Materials: Popsicle sticks, Piggie printout (I doubled the size of the image using a copier), crayons, glue, tape, and scissors.

No comments:

Post a Comment