Thursday, October 6, 2011

Storytime - What's That Sound?

Listen! Do you hear that? That's the sound of fun times at library storytime!

Books
Who is Driving by Leo Timmers
Toddler






 
One Drowsy Dragon by Ethan Long
Toddler




The Listening Walk by Paul Showers
Preschool











Special Songs/Rhymes
"Five Senses Song"
I only used the hearing portion of this song. I sang the song while I played a sound from an app on my Nook, and substituted the word "bird" for the animal/object that makes the sound. At first the toddlers were overwhelmed by what was going on, but when they figured it out, they had a lot of fun listening to each new sound. For the preschoolers, we sang the song without using the Nook.

"The Bremen Town Musicians"
The preschoolers were treated to an adapted version of  the musician's plight on the felt board. I had them help me make the animal noises, and they were especially excited to make the noises all at once when the animals frighten the robber.




Crafts
Both classes made tambourines out of a paper plate folded in half and popcorn kernels.

1 comment: